Almost all bodybuilding and health supplement stores are adding hemp protein powders to their shelves and encouraging the use of hemp protein as one of the best protein supplements to ensure the building, repairing, and sustaining of muscle mass. Hemp protein powder is becoming widely known for its unique build of nutrients and health benefits, making it ideal for body building.
There are a number of reasons that hemp protein is not only a great protein supplement for body building, but also possibly the better choice over other protein supplements:
- The most notable benefit of using hemp protein is that it contains all 20 amino acids which include 10 of the essential amino acids. These amino acids come together to form proteins, it is these proteins that allow the body to gain muscle mass more efficiently and repair it when it has been strained during a workout. It can possibly be effective both pre and post workout for this reason. This is also the reason hemp protein is considered to be a complete protein on its own, without having anything added to it. This ensures that everything being ingested is natural, and healthy for the body.
- Hemp protein also includes essential fatty acids (EFA’s) that aid in the repair of muscles. These fatty acids include omega-3 and omega-6. The ratio of these EFA’s are incomparable to any other EFA supplements available and can also reduce cholesterol, heart problems, and high blood pressure.
- Two thirds of hemp protein is made of edistin which is a blood protein. Hemp is the only supplement where this can be found. Edistin improves the immune system, and allows nutrients to enter the blood stream and digest into the body faster.
- Hemp protein may not be quite as available as some other protein supplements such as whey or soy, however as a plant protein, it is not processed like whey and does not contain estrogen-like compounds that are found in soy. Also, neither whey nor soy contain edestin and can benefit the immune system the way hemp can.
- Other great facts about hemp protein are that it includes a high fiber content to aid in metabolism, and it is a good source of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Other protein supplements may be easier to get a hold of or cheaper to buy, but none can benefit your bodybuilding and overall health like hemp protein.
Leave a Reply